|Afternoon||Opening Concert & Placement Auditions|
|9:00-9:30 a.m.||Group warm-up/Technique|
|1:00-2:00 p.m.||Concert/Master Class – OPEN TO THE PUBLIC|
|2:00-3:30 p.m.||Rehearsal/Coaching/Repertoire Class|
During the Annapolis Chamber Music Project (ACMP) students of all ages will have an opportunity to participate in a variety of performance and other musical activities. ACMP begins Sunday, July 12, 2015 with a kick-off concert featuring faculty members and guest artists followed by placement auditions. The Project ends Friday, July 17th, 2015 with the closing concert showcasing the students and their musical achievements.
One the right is a sample daily schedule. A finalized schedule will be distributed on the first day of the festival.
- Group Warm-Up/Technique Class: Students will be divided into small groups to focus on techniques/skills that are particular to their instrument or instrument family (e.g., Winds – “Maximize Your Air”; “Brass – Buzzing/Breathing”; Strings – “Scales & Sound Production”)
- Rehearsals/Coaching: Students and their assigned chamber groups will have several sessions during each day to rehearse with their group and be coached by a several different faculty members.
- Workshops: All participants will participate in a variety of workshops that will cover topics such “Winning Rehearsal Techniques” and “Leave Performance Fears Behind.”
- Concerts/Master Classes: During ACMP both faculty and guest artists will be giving daily lunchtime concerts. Students will have opportunities to perform on these concerts as well. These will be OPEN TO THE PUBLIC and FREE.
- Additional performances may be added to feature all talented ACMP musicians and maximize our week of music making.